1953 Vagabond Travel Trailer - Model 262 - $24995 (Orcas Island)
1955 AIRSTREAM - For Sale.
26' Overall length - Located in Brooklyn, NY.
Click pictures for larger images
See detailed description at bottom of this page
(you might want to read this first while pictures load)
This Airstream was restored / renovated three years ago. The exterior is in very good condition with no major dents, but has not been polished. Many of the original features were preserved including the general layout, cabinetry, hardware and some appliances. We altered the twin bed arrangement to accommodate a double bed and adjacent office area. The front face/drawers of one twin bed were used to build the new double bed. The settee with its' lower drawers, the kitchen sink side cabinetry, and overhead aluminum storage lockers are all original and were refinished.
The original "speckled" paint finish (dingy) was stripped to reveal the aluminum skin in all areas except the bathroom which was painted a pale yellow. Portions of the subfloor were replaced and a new mixed species hardwood floor was laid in all areas except the bathroom which was tiled. The bathroom fixtures were in poor condition and were replaced as was the kitchen sink which was too small for regular use. The entire plumbing system was redone and was freeze-proofed with heat tape throughout.
A list of the trailer's features are as follows:
- original white enamel propane four-burner stove with oven and lower drawer broiler, excellent condition
- double bowl Blanco stainless kitchen sink with drop-in collander for smaller bowl, Rubinet faucet
- original birch and beech kitchen cabinets (refinished), with original hardware, new charcoal grey Formica counter top with original aluminum trim, under-cubboard halogen lighting
- Navigator Stove Works Inc. "Little Cod" wood burning stove with insulated stainless shielding installed on wood box platform, stainless piping
- stainless gas/electric Dometic refrigeratorwith new element (2002) with custom curved aluminum vent, housing two halogen spots at top
- Bosch 125B instantaneous water heater built into custom birch and mahogany cabinet with porthole ventilation and access door
- two new (2002) 40 gallon propane tanks
- custom maple counter top, butcher block style with mahogany trim, above fridge area, with pantry/dish cupboard, all made with original hardware and original beech wood face frames
- 3' x 3' x 12" fiberglass tub/shower with Grohe hand held shower head
- 2" x 2" multicolored vintage tile bath surround and floor over protective rubber membrane
- bathroom cabinet with four drawers and one stainless shelf, open towel storage below, mahogany trim
- office area with 6' x 14" desktop (charcoal grey Formica with mahogany trim), three-shelf book case and two cupboards (one was sized to house a Macintosh G-4 and has ventilation, also works well as additional pantry area), all made with original hardware and original beech face frames
- mixed species Canadian hardwood flooring, from Muskoka, Ontario, includes ash, beech, cherry, oak - original settee which pulls out into a second double bed, includes three drawers and hidden storage both behind and below, wall mounted storage cabinet also forms handy shelf area behind settee, new olive green corduroy upholstery
- pair of original frosted glass wall sconces on either side of the settee
- pair of original fiberglass wall sconces on bed and office walls
- three ceiling vents, kitchen one includes variable speed vent fan
718 486 8049 shop
360 566 2418 cell
501 694 6094 fax